It’s that time again…time for us to not just roll up one, but to roll up both of our sleeves. (Cue Uncle Sam) We want you! Yes you, your family and your friends to join TangoTab on June 15th to come out and volunteer with us.
We will be making sandwiches for the homeless on Saturday, June 15th from 11a-12:30pm at 3025 Main/Excuses Cafe in the Deep Ellum area of Dallas.
Who Can Come: All adults and young adults, kids 2” taller than the table who can work for 45 minutes—no kids who have to be tended to.
How to Dress: Pull hair back so it doesn’t hang in your face or wear ball cap, wear anything you can get bleach spots on.
What to bring (in any combination):
- Sliced sandwich bread—one loaf of bread makes 11 sandwiches—cheapest is at Aldi’s, Walmart, and Sam’s
- sliced bologna—cheapest bologna is at Aldi’s—Walmart, Sam’s and Costco are cheaper than grocery stores
- American cheese—
- Yellow Mustard,
- No mayo or other coniments
- Zip sandwich bags—no fold-over sandwich bags
- Plastic or latex gloves, Medium, Small, and Large
- Tortilla chips—buy the biggest bag you can find
- Cookies—sandwich cookies (look for 7-10 cents-a-pound cookies), animal crackers, other cookies, or homemade cookies. For homemade cookies, wear gloves when you take them off the cookie sheet, and wear gloves when you put them in a large zip bag to bring them
- Donations—While sandwiches are being made, someone makes a trip to the store to buy what we are short of. Give donations to Al or Dan before sandwich-making starts
Free parking behind the café building on Elm St, inside the chain-link fence. (Do not park in Baker’s Ribs parking lot next door or the parking lot between Baker’s Ribs and 3025 Main.) For metered parking, pay or get a ticket.
AT THE END OF THE DAY WE WILL MAKE ENOUGH SANDWICHES TO FEED OVER 2000 PEOPLE! Looking forward to seeing you.