We are back at it again with our monthly Give Good Saturday! Come join us this Saturday (August 2) at Zen Bar for some good ol’ sandwich making. These events are always more fun with friends, so be sure to invite everyone you know.
Ready for the US to take on Portugal, but still need a place to watch the game? Here are 4 great places not only to watch the game, but where you can get a great deal too…
Did you know that June is National Hunger Awareness Month? There are over 50.5 million Americans that go to bed hungry every night. This number is growing at a rapid pace and even faster for children. It’s time to take a stand, but most of all take action. Here is a way that you can feed 8 people in need…
FEED 2: Download the TangoTab app and sign up
FEED 4: Use a free TangoTab restaurant offer. Remember all offers are free. You simply find the offer you want, click claim now and show the confirmation code to you server before you pay.
FEED 2: Share TangoTab with your friends. When they download and sign up, they feed 2 as well.
It’s that simple. Let’s do this and let’s end hunger!
- June 1: National Doughnut Day
- June 1: National Hazelnut Cake Day
- June 2: National Rocky Road Ice Cream Day
- June 3: National Egg Day
- June 4: National Cheese Day
- June 4: National Frozen Yogurt Day
- June 4: National Cognac Day
- June 5: National Gingerbread Day
- June 6: National Applesauce Cake Day
- June 7: National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
- June 8: Jelly-Filled Doughnut Day
- June 8: World Oceans Day (Sustainable Seafood)
- June 9: National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day
- June 10: Herbs & Spices Day
- June 10: National Iced Tea Day
- June 10: National Black Cow Day (root beer float)
- June 11: National German Chocolate Cake Day
- June 12: International Cachaça Day
- June 12: National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
- June 13: Kitchen Klutzes of America Day
- June 14: National Strawberry Shortcake Day
- June 15: National Lobster Day
- June 16: National Fudge Day
- June 17: Eat All Your Veggies Day
- June 17: National Apple Strudel Day
- June 18: National Cherry Tart Day
- June 18: International Picnic Day
- June 19: National Dry Martini Day
- June 20: National Vanilla Milkshake Day
- June 21: National Peaches and Cream Day
- June 22: National Chocolate Éclair Day
- June 22: National Onion Rings Day
- June 23: National Pecan Sandy Day
- June 24: National Pralines Day
- June 25: National Catfish Day
- June 25: National Strawberry Parfait Day
- June 26: National Chocolate Pudding Day
- June 27: National Indian Pudding Day
- June 27: National Orange Blossom Day
- June 28: National Ceviche Day
- June 28: National Tapioca Day
- June 29: National Almond Buttercrunch Day
- June 30: National Ice Cream Soda Day
- National Soul Food Month
- National Candy Month
- National Dairy Month
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month
- National Iced Tea Month
- National Papaya Month
- National Seafood Month
- National Steakhouse Month
- National Turkey Lover’s Month
This week’s feature about The Social House is written by Feed Me Dallas.
Whether it’s the weekday or the weekend, lunch, brunch or dinner the Social House is the place to go. With the warm weather coming in the Uptown location now features “The Backyard” on the weekends. It’s an adult playground that is the perfect spot to chow down on the open patio and embrace your inner child with one of their many games including: giant Jenga, trash can pong, bubble soccer, ladder golf, and so much more.
After you break a little sweat, be sure to cool off with their mimosas carafes, peach bellini carafes, patio pitchers, or one of their 100 beers on tap. Did we mention the chicken fried oysters, social house buffalo burger, or caramelized banana waffles with bacon and warm peanut butter? From sunup to sundown this place has everything you need to forget Monday is only two short days away.
Many may see Spring Break as a time for fun, vacations and lounging around, but millions of children will wake up tomorrow and not know where their next meal is going to come from. For a lot of these children the free lunch they get from their school may be the only meal they eat that day.
(Photo Credit: HootHockey 2013. Image by Rebecca Bollwit)
We are excited to be partnering up with Hootsuite this year for #HootHockey at SXSW. Our team (and of course you) will be out on March 9th in Austin, TX for this great event that will be supporting the Capital Area Food Bank.
#HootHockey, Austin’s “coolest” game will take place on Sunday, March 9 from 1 – 4pm (CST) at 9th and Trinity intersection in Austin, Texas.
Be sure to come out and bring your friends. This game has a bigger meaning than just hockey. Last year’s event raised over 7,500 pounds of food for the Capital Area Food Bank and the goal this year is to double it.
Can’t wait to see you out there!
“I’m Briana. I’m 9 years old. I like talking, I like smiling, I like my teachers, my classmates, I like my sisters.”
Briana is one of 16 million kids in America that does not know where her next meal is coming from. When we say TangoTab is more than an app, we mean it. By using TangoTab we are able to donate meals to kids in need in our local communities.
We CAN end hunger, all we need is you. Use TangoTab and tell a friend about it.
(Photo Credit: Twitter @Eater)
Hollywood is filled with stuntmen, but last night at the Oscar’s the pizza delivery guy played himself. Ellen ordered pizzas for A-List celebrities from Big Mama’s and Papa’s Pizza. Many may think that this was a paid actor playing the role, but as it turns out this guy is just a local pizza delivery guy that had a night he will never forget.
“Ellen’s talk show has picked up quite a few pizzas from us,” a Big Mama’s & Papa’s representative told ABC News. “They had us make a giant pizza before for one of her shows.”